Five figures sat around a table, each of them cloaked in shadow. None of them knew the others' faces, but that was for the best. If they were ever captured, being connected would be dangerous at best. "I have the results for the last mission," a man said as he entered, carrying an envelope. All eyes turned him. He was the one in charge of their previous mission. The previous commander had failed in the final attack, and was swiftly replaced for poor leadership. No one dared turn to look at the disgraced Captain, sitting at the far end of the table. "Is..." the Doctor paused, biting her nail. "Is it finally done? Do we have control of the robots?" The Soldier threw down his envelope, the pictures spilling out: Twenty people wearing handcuffs being pushed into armored vehicles. "You tell me." His glare attacked everyone in the room. "There's a traitor among us, and we need to smoke them out." The Doctor paled, the Accountant bit his lip, and the Farmer leaned back in his chair. "Who's in charge now?" All eyes turned to the Captain, some questioningly. "What? You don't mean to tell me you don't realize it. This guy was in charge, he might be the traitor we're looking for." "What?" The Soldier's mouth hung open in shock. "I'm not the traitor!" "Yeah, because that's what a traitor would say." The Captain put his feet up onto the table. "We need to work fast, we only have one more chance to do this. If we fail again, we don't have the funds or the time to try again... and we'll likely be caught." Silence reigned through the room as each person processed the reality of their situation. "Well." The Accountant laid down his own files. "He's not wrong. We'll need to try one last time, or stop here." "Thank you!" The Captain clapped his hands together. "Now, I propose I be reinstated as commander." "What?!" The soldier slammed his fist on the table. "You led the first failure, and have only 2 missions under your belt. I've been on every mission, practically. I'm the most trustworthy person here!" "This mission'll take three people, right?" the Farmer asked. "If that's the case, we just gotta send the people we trust the most, and then we'll be fine, right?" "No shit, Sherlock." The Sailor downed his drink. "The problem is, who's the bad guy?" "Well..." The Farmer pushed up his glasses. "It's clear as day, at least for me." "What?" The Soldier grabbed the Farmer's soldiers. "Spit it out you old coot!" "It's the Doctor, a'course." He pointed his thumb towards her. "She was on the last two mission providin' 'support', but she could very well have just been sabotagin' us." "Huh?" She looked around, finding only suspicion towards her. "I'm not the traitor!" "You *are* the only person linking the two failure." The accountant looked over a sheet of paper. "And we don't know what you actually did as the people you claimed you were aiding were among the first to be arrested." "B-but!" The Doctor's mouth opened and closed, but no words came out for several moments. "That's ridiculous! That'd be way too obvious." "Maybe, but we can't take the risk." The Soldier pursed his lips. "We need to pick a new leader, and since the Farmer seems smart, I nominate him." After a moment, the Sailor held up his empty glass. "Seconded." "Now, Farmer, it's time to decide." The soldier held out another envelope to him. "You gotta pick who you want to go on this mission with you." He took the envelope, and looked through it. "I think I'mma take the captain and the sailor." He smiled a bit. "I think I got a good plan for this." *[b]Beep[/b]* *[b]Beep[/b]* *[b]Beep[/b]* Each person checked their watch. Their time was up. "I'll tell ya'll the plan next week." Without another word, the six individuals went their separate ways, making sure no one knew their meeting place. [hr] *[b]Ring[/b]* *[b]Ring[/b]* *[b]Click[/b]* "Hello?" "Good news, I'm going with the group." "Very good. Your loyalty has shown great results in the past. After this, you will be rewarded." "That's good to hear." He couldn't suppress a smile. "Does that mean I will get my command back?" "Yes. Yourself and Numbers will both be given their rewards." "I'll give you the details in the dead drop." "Good." The Disgraced Captain walked home, for once with a smile.