[i]A dark, cramped room lit in candlelight. Luna sits at a desk writing when Celestia enters. Luna puts her quill on to the desk and turns around to face her sister.[/i] [b]Luna[/b]: So you want me to play that game again? Never occurred to you I might have enough of it? Besides, all your previous attempts have failed, so I really don't see why we should stick to that pretence any more. It’s time to admit we—well [i]you[/i] for that matter—have failed and move on. I’m really too lenient with you here. [b]Celestia[/b]: Sis, this time I’m hundred percent sure of my choice. She has demonstrated superior skills and a unusual ability in magic. If [i]she[/i] does not succeed, nopony else will, and we'd better give up hope and set the record straight anyway. [b]Luna[/b]: Make or break? [b]Celestia[/b]: Sort of a last ditch attempt, yes. But you should be happy, your long stretch of loneliness is over. You’ll soon be able to perform all your regal tasks again and… [i](smirking)[/i] I must say I’m not displeased. I was getting pretty bored of filling in for you, honestly. I underestimated the burden father charged you with. [b]Luna [i](grins)[/i][/b] : Rising and lowering the moon is just the easy part of it, isn’t it? Happy you realised that at last. After all, this set-up was [i]your[/i] idea, so it seems a fair retaliation to me, in exchange for my subserviency. [b]Celestia [i](ticked off)[/i][/b] : And what would you have done, miss smart-crescent? May I recall you that the power of the elements is dwindling away at an accelerated pace, and that no known spell has been able to restore them. If that trend continues on its present course, in less than a century Discord will be back, and who knows what other plagues with him. [b]Luna[/b]: And you think I had no time to ponder over this? May I recall you in turn that I’ve been confined in this cellar for a [i]thousand years[/i] now? Not much better than the alleged moon. Meanwhile [i]your highness[/i], instead of working out a logical solution, gave up any sound reasoning and preferred clutching at that ludicrous prophecy made by that old cooter in his last breath? I don’t know how I came to help you with this. You were lucky I had no idea what I was letting myself in for. [b]Celestia[/b]: It’s a bit late to have that discussion, Luna. The summer sun celebration takes place tomorrow. We must get ready for it. [i](Luna sighs. Celestia’s horn glows golden, and a cabinet opens. Floating out of it, a full regalia set with an additional pair of large, dark wings, and a long, black horn. Celestia shakes the items over the ground, raising a could of dust. Then she drops the outfit on to the ground.)[/i] [b]Luna[/b]: How long since I last wore that bogeymare disguise? [i](Looks scornfully at the outfit.)[/i] Pfff… Totally preposterous. It wouldn’t scare a thrush. I hope you’ve a solid plan this time. [b]Celestia[/b]: As usual. I don’t show up at the appointed time, and then you break in. You scare everyone with eternal night and all the baloney. I think you rehearsed that part enough: your Canterlot voice and your hysterical laugh are perfect now. [i](She grins at Luna, who glares at her in return.)[/i] [b]Luna[/b]: So what’s the big deal tomorrow for Twilight and friends? [b]Celestia[/b]: They will head for our old castle. I’ve prepared a set of pickles throughout their way in the Everfree forest that should summon up their innate qualities and connect each of them to the relevant element. Once they arrive in the castle you barge in again, threaten to kill Twilight Sparkle, and let her save the day. [b]Luna [i](smirks)[/i][/b] : And get blasted, I suppose. [b]Celestia [i](grins again)[/i][/b] : Well— [b]Luna [i](interrupts her)[/i][/b] : Then your majesty arrives in her dazzling solar regalia, pretends she was trapped in the sun, congratulates the heroine and sheds a tear on her poor sister restored to her true form by the staggering power of the one chosen pupil? And then a big party, and the whole shebang… [i](Celestia squirms but doesn’t answer. Luna sighs again and grabs a piece of attire in her magic.)[/i] [b]Luna[/b]: All right. Let’s get this over with…