Sunrise. Sunset. Sunrise. Sunset. Days and days and days in which cycle is maintained. Awaken. Raise. Primp. Preen. Regalia. Smile, smile, smile. Words, smiles. Calm. Hope. More and more hope gifted unto others. Happiness springing forth from the well of myself and washing forth to the rest of Equestria, a font of life and smiles and friendship and more, rebounding upon itself and growing ever more potent, sweeping pony after pony into Harmony's ever-deepening sea. For them, I am glad. For them, I will continue to smile. For them, I endure day in and day out and take place as the Eternal Sun, for what else is there to be? For my student, my sister, my subjects. But not for myself. I don't know when it first happened. Or rather, when it first happened again. The thousand year exile, yes, the hollowness within then had a reason, somewhere I could point and understand just what was missing from my life. My other half cleaved away and lost to me. An old story told time and again, history to legend to myth and then brought back into sparkling clarity when Twilight joined Night and Day once more. For a time, a time, I felt joy again. Rose each day to greet the sun with a song in my heart. On precious days, I can hear fragments of that song. My spirit dances on ethereal wings and the laughter that bubbles forth is genuine. Somehow, the good days are separated by longer and longer paths of broken glass. Walking upon jagged edges, each step drawing forth a new cut. I bleed, and bleed, and yet never run dry. Yet the pain of it all, that ache within grows stronger. At times I hear her whispers, Nightmare's counterpart, promising to ease my own pain were I to welcome her companionship. A lie, yet one I need believe for but a moment to be lost to her. I stand strong, and yet I am afraid. Afraid not for my sake, but for theirs. How will our ponies fare were their virtuous one to be the one to fall? Were their faith to shown itself as but a hollow thing? For them, I go on. For them I bring the day again and again, force my sore stained hooves to walk the broken pathway once more. For their smiles and joy I move forward. For their love, I endure. I only wish I knew how to find it for myself once more. I only wish I knew why I was shattered. A smile that is joy, rather than concealing a broken mare. It is a nice dream. And then, I awaken.