Big Chad sat up straight on a padded table in the doctor's office. He stood six-foot-five in the weight room and on the gridiron, but in here he looked like a lost little boy. Chad's eyes were wide and moist, and his face was downcast. As he waited for the doctor, he sat on his hands, kicking his legs feebly to pass the time. The light in the room was harsh, like an antiseptic, and the sterile visions of needles and gloves unsettled him. After a wait, the doctor entered the room. He was a short, round-faced man in his sixties, but despite his age he exuded life, energy and focus. "Chad? Good to meet you. I'm Dr. Sonneborn." He spoke with a welcoming voice, and extended his hand in a polite and friendly way. Chad, looking up, shook it quickly and firmly, grateful for the warmth of the human contact. "Nice to meet you, doctor," said Chad, weakly. Dr. Sonneborn glanced down at a clipboard before continuing. "To be frank, Chad, I was looking over your file that the nurse gave me, but I'm not sure I understand the complaint—so I'd rather just hear it from you directly, if that's okay." The doctor tossed down his clipboard onto a table and sat down on a swivel chair backwards. He leaned forward, over the back of the chair, and folded his arms under his chin. "So tell me what brings you to our office today." The doctor's eyes were sharp, clear, and deep. Chad took a deep breath and let it out in a long sigh, averting his eyes. Then he cleared his throat and swallowed. "I'm here because I have a problem." Another sigh. "A problem with, uh..." The doctor remained silent and attentive, with an open expression. At last, Chad spit it out. "I have a problem with self-touching." "Self-touching?" Dr. Sonneborn gave a quizzical look. "Just so we're clear, are we talking about masturbation?" Chad winced at the technical word. "Yeah... that." "Okay, okay," Dr. Sonneborn nodded sagely. "Can you tell me a little bit more? Tell me what makes it a problem for you to masturbate?" He picked up a notepad and clicked a pen. Chad opened his mouth, but closed it again without finding words. There was no eloquent way to say it. "I... do it." "And?" "Th-That's the problem." Dr. Sonneborn's eyes widened. He thought for a moment before deciding what line of questioning to take. "How many times in a normal week would you say you masturbate?" Chad fidgeted in his seat, suddenly feeling intensely uncomfortable. He glued his eyes to his shoes, and his voice dropped to a murmur. "Once... sometimes twice." Dr. Sonneborn was puzzled. He set down his notepad and pen. "Well, that's within a normal range for young adults of your age. Ah... so, why do you consider this a problem?" "Because it is!" thundered Chad, suddenly shooting up off the table and twisting his face into a glare. "It's a massive problem, I hate it, and I want it out of my life!" Big Chad was rather intimidating when he stood at his full height. The doctor was disconcerted, but remained outwardly serene. "I don't think it's a problem at all, Chad," he said, with a sympathetic look. "Honestly, I think you're a completely normal and healthy young man, and I don't think you need to change how you're doing anything." The doctor's words broke through Chad's glare, and in that brief moment, his eyes were wide and soft, like a child's. But the look of disgust that followed it was withering. "Ah, okay," hissed Chad, who was practically baring his fangs. "So you're another one of [i]them[/i]. I know your type." Big Chad stormed out of the room and down the hallway, making his leave. As he passed the front office, he turned and let out a cry: "[i]You don't understand[/i]!" He barreled out the front door and into the drizzle and fog outside. As soon as he reached the street, however, he crumpled, and began crying real tears. A strange sight, it was, to see such an intimidating man crying in public. Kneeling on the gravelly sidewalk, with his back straight and his body forward, Chad looked up to to the sky and saw a flash of lightning and, soon after, heard the accompanying peal of thunder. Then, with his eyes to heaven and the rain falling on his face, he bellowed: "[b][i]NOBODY UNDERSTANDS!!![/i][/b]"