The last minute, imagine that moment drew near. Would you calmly await it, or shiver in fear? Would you boldly take action, or not even care? What do you think you'd do then? I'm eager to hear. "I'd laugh," said the jester, "I'd take it in stride. "Our good times may end now, but why should we cry? "New good things may find us, if just we don't hide! "Be ready to greet them with arms open wide." "I'd rush," said the lazy, "do as much as I can. "Of work under pressure, I'm not a huge fan, "but I put my chores off, don't stick to the plan. "So I'd be cursing myself, and regretting it then." "Arrive," said the hero, "I'd enter the scene. "When all hope seems lost, then I'd intervene. "I'd break up the fight with a smile so its sheen "would serve as reminder that right reigns supreme." "Depends," said the wise man, "on which one you mean. "There's thousands of minutes, and each is unique. "And once they are over, they can't be retrieved, "so each one is precious, would you not agree?" The last minute, imagine the moment draws near. Will you calmly await it, or shiver in fear? Will you boldly take action, or not even care? What do you think you'll do then? I'm eager to hear. "Clean up," says the worker, "so that when it's done, "I'll be ready to leave, and can quickly drive home. "Cause once I arrive there, then I'll be welcome "with a wonderful hug from my wonderful daughter." "I'll bark," says the puppy, "and scratch at the door, "that she left through alone. I'll jump on the drawer, "watch the school bus arrive, with thunderous roar. "What if she won't return? Will I be uncared for?" "I'll run," says the seeker, "I will find them all. "I'll win hide and seek. Don't care where you've crawled. "You can't hide from me! No matter how small! "The minute I've left still will be your downfall!' "I'll read to my child," says the dad with a grin. "A poem or a story of what once has been. "I gently will kiss her, then I'll tuck her in, "so she'll sleep like on clouds, have a wonderful dream." "What'd you do?" I whisper, press a kiss to her cheek, but my child doesn't answer. She has fallen asleep.