The hilltop was perfect. The grass was soft and green and quite comfortable. A large maple tree provided a pleasant amount of shade, not to mention pleasant sounds as the wind blew through its leaves. And, of course, it gave an excellent view of the ceremony occurring below. There was plenty of room for two ponies to spread out. But despite that fact, the earth pony and unicorn mares that were sharing it sat close together, flank to flank. “Hmmmm. Not all that many ponies are there? I expected more...” The unicorn was clearly not impressed by the turn out. “Now now Lyra.” The earth pony nudged her marefriend with a small smile. “You knew it wasn’t going to be anything lavish or public. We’re a small community after all.” “Yeah yeah.” Lyra rolled her eyes. “Still, I’d have expected a few big wigs to show up. Like maybe Princess Celestia or something! You deserve some recognition, Sweetie!” It was ‘Bon-Bon’s’ turn to roll her eyes. “It’s Bon-Bon now Lyra. You’ve got to remember that, or we’ll [i]both[/i] be in trouble!” “I know, I know!” Lyra huffed, then giggled and planted a kiss on her marefriend’s cheek. “But you’ll always be [i]my[/i] sweetie, Bon-Bon!” “Lyra!” Bon-Bon flushed and giggled, leaning in against her lover. “Cut that out!” Lyra just smirked back at her. “Make me.” “You know I can!” Bon-Bon narrowed her eyes and gave a mock growl. “Well, I know that Sweetie Drops, the super secret agent could...” She rubbed her chin with her hoof in thought. “But I’m not so sure that Bon-Bon, my cute candy making marefriend can...” “Hmph! I’ll show you [i]exactly[/i] what I can do...” “In bed tonight!” Lyra interrupted mischievously. “Lyra! Be serious!” She gave her a swat as she blushed. “We’re at a [i]funeral![/i]” “Yeah, but it’s [i]your[/i] funeral, so we can be as disrespectful as we like!” Lyra shot back with a smug grin. “No, it’s [i]Sweetie Drop’s[/i] funeral. Sweetie Drops was a masterful spy and monster hunter, and one of the top agents in Celestia Secret Service. She racked up [i]quite[/i] a list of accomplishments, and quite a list of [i]enemies[/i]. But she’s passed on now, tragically slain while hunting a monster.” Bon-Bon lowered her head and placed her hoof over her heart in respect. “I, on the other hand, am Bon-Bon!” She sat up straight. “A perfectly normal, mild mannered candy maker and marefriend to the craziest, most wonderful unicorn in all of Equestria.” She nuzzled her lover’s neck with a smile. “From now on, the closest I get to secret agents are the secret ingredients that make my candies so delicious.” She gave a firm nod. “Mild mannered, hmmmm?” Lyra giggled. “I think we might have to work on that a bit.” “Well, at least with [i]you[/i] around, I don’t have to worry about breaking cover. Nopony will notice my weirdness with [i]your[/i] level of crazy around!” “Hey!” Lyra pouted cutely. “I thought you liked my crazy!” “I don’t like your crazy.” Bon-Bon shook her head. “I love your crazy.” She finished, with a kiss for emphasis. The two became silent after that, watching the cemetery below as an empty wooden casket was lowered into the dark earth. A few ponies remained to pay their respects, but not many. The ranks of spies and monster hunters in Equstria were limited, though indispensable. “You know, before I accepted my commission in the CSS, they told me what the retirement plan was. A small wooden box and a sparsely attended funeral.” Bon-Bon spoke softly. Lyra pressed up against her comfortingly. “And you joined up anyway?” She asked gently. “I had to. After what happened to my parents...” She shrugged. “I thought I knew what I as getting into. Now I wonder how many funerals I attended were like this one...” “Most, I hope.” “Probably. But not all of them.” Silence descended once more, as the last of the mourners departed. “Bon-Bon?” “Yes Lyra?” “Please don’t ever make me attend another funeral for you.” The unusual seriousness of her marefriened’s voice brought a smile to Bon-Bon’s face. “I’ll do my best, love.” The two mares leaned against each and quietly watched as the gravedigger began to refill the hole containing ‘the last mortal remains’ of Agent Sweetie Drops. “Well, I think we’re done here.” With a small stretch Bon-Bon stood up. “Let’s go home.” “Back to Ponyville?” Lyra asked eagerly. Bon-Bon smiled back at her. “That’s what I said, isn’t it?”