Friends are like cakes: we say we love them all, but there's always that one secret favourite we have. Me, I have the opposite problem: I have several favourite cakes and can't choose between them. “Umm, Pinkie Pie, can I have some muffins?” sample A asks. I call her Lemon Shyness: sweet and delicate, perfect for quiet afternoons. Adorable as a kitten’s sugar whiskers, she's a cake best admired in private. “Sure thing!” I smile and hop to fetch her a bagful. “Discord visiting again?” “Umm, yes.” Lemon Shyness smiles. “He says he finds your muffins chaotic.” She blushes. “Ha! That guy’s just a freeloader!” Blue Frosting cuts in. Always cool and light as air, she has a tendency to be gone before you know it. On the other hoof she’s she's fun to be with anywhere anytime, and you just can't beat frosting. “Why do you still put up with him?! Oh, hey, Pinkie.” “Hey.” I grin. She's also great to play pranks on ponies, but today she's here for something else. “Your super special pancakes are waiting for you in the kitchen. Just give me a sec and I'll—“ “Nah, I’ll get it,” she says casually looking in the opposite direction. “I hope you didn't put any orange mousse. You know I don't like that girly stuff!” “No sirree!” My smile widens. Of course there's mousse and plenty of it. I know she loves it and she knows I know. “Not one bit! Huh-uh! Absolutely none!” “Good!” She nods, then dashes into the kitchen as always. I know she'll use the back door to fly off, but I don't care. I know she'll be back for something else in a few hours. Lemon Shyness takes the bag of surprise muffins and puts them in her saddlebags. She squeaks her thanks to me in the sweetest voice, then neatly places the bits in front if me and leaves. “Good morning, darlings!” The door swings open as Marzipan Blazé makes her attention known. She's the type of cake that in any room aims to outshine them all. Sophisticated and refined, she makes her way to my counter. “Pinkie Pie, be a darling and recommend some party sweets,” she says with a voice that can melt ponies in their hooves. “My sister has a few friends over and it's simply unforgivable not to have anything to offer.” “Whatever you say, you Sweetness Dispenser, you.” I wink and rush to grab a few of my treat packages. I hear her giggle behind me. Before I have the time to reach the sweets, the door opens once more. “I tell ya, that foreign sugar is mighty suspicious!” I immediately make out the voice of Classic Fudge. The world around me might change ten times over, yet I can rely on her remaining the same—reliable, familiar, and an honest to ten stars delight. “No sister of mine will be eating them fancy—“ “Tut, tut, tut!” Marzipan interrupts. She's always one to clash with Fudge even if they compliment each other so well. “Not in the store, please. Pinkie Pie has an exhausting day as it is without you adding to it.” “Me? What about you?” Fudge points at Marzipan’s face, her hoof almost touching. “Aww, I knew you cared!” I give them each a large box of preset sweets. “Caramel apple delight.” I announce laughing on the side at their confusion. “Be sure to enj—“ “Pinkie Pie!” A flash of purple poofs beside me. “Please tell me you have Celestial Cake!” Perfect Pudding nearly yells in panic as she grabs me. A desert of perfect proportions she cannot help but wobble at the slightest pressure. She's suitable for everywhere as long as you keep her stable. “The Princess is about to come for a visit and I completely forgot to check if—“ I don't let her finish, taking a double decker cake from my mane onto her back. “Already ahead of you.” I wink. “And don't worry, I'll just add it to your tab.” Perfect Pudding, only has time to hug me I'm thanks before disappearing with the care once more. I giggle. It's the same every month. Fudge and Marzipan exchange a few looks, then take their sweets and leave to argue outside. I smile, then go back to the counter and sigh. Another day and I still haven't made up my mind. Of all the cakes which will be the one for me? “Oh well,” I shrug. “I can always decide tomorrow.”