“So...” Starlight began, sipping her coffee. “How did it go?” She and Trixie sat in one of Canterlot’s innumerable cafes. The little shop was bathed in the morning sun, a fact ignored by most of the clientele who were more interested in their coffee than the vista. Starlight always found it strange how ponies always wanted to sleep their way through dawn, but then she was a morning pony. Trixie was not. The showmare tossed her tangled mane and took a swig out of her mug. “I’m not sure that’s any of your business.” Starlight rolled her eyes. “Trixie, I set you up with him. It’s entirely my business, besides we’re friends and gossip is the foundation of friendship.” “I thought the foundation was magic?” Trixie shot back. “Eh, only if you listen to Twilight, but what does she know?” Starlight shrugged. “Now come-on, give me all the juicy details.” Trixie sighed and took another gulp of her pitch black coffee. “Oh, very well, if you must. Sugar Rush was... interesting, how did you say you knew him again?” “He’s a friend of Pinkie,” Starlight said, and then added hastily. “And yes, that covers half of Equestria, but he’s some kind of event planner.” “Specifically a confectioner.” Trixie sighed. “Honestly, I thought I requested my date be magical.” Starlight arched an eyebrow at her. “The last time I set you up with a magician you two got into a magical duel and a bystander got turned into a frog. You’re lucky saving the world buys you a few favours.” “Bah, he was a hack.” “And until we find somepony to match your ‘skills’ we’ll have to settle. Now, go on, you at least got to the restaurant this time?” “Yes, and you’ll be happy to know that despite the [i]unique[/i] food Trixie did actually enjoy herself.” The mare sighed. “Though Sugar Rush seemed overly keen to tell me all about his recipes. The stallion talked faster than Flim and Flam.” “Wow, somepony got a word in edgewise, I’m impressed.” Trixie glowered at her. “I’ll have you know that Trixie is a talented and subtle conversationalist.” “You’re talking in the third person again.” “Shut up.” Trixie went to take another slug off coffee only to find the mug empty. She scowled at Starlight as if she was personally responsible. “Anyway, after being shocked and amazed by Trixie’s many exploits –” “Exploit.” Starlight stuck her tongue out at her. “At least [i]I[/i] only nearly destroyed Ponyville. After being shocked and amazed, we went to this little chocolate shop nearby.” “Second location, good sign.” Trixie let out an annoyed huff. “He got into an argument with the shopkeeper and we ended up running from the guard with a pilfered box of chocolate.” Starlight muffled an unladylike snort. “That good or bad?” “Well, he was right about the bad mix, so let’s call that one a draw. Still, by then it was getting rather late so, of course, he walked me back to the hotel.” “What!” Starlight beamed. “Really? Trixie that’s great. Then what happened?” “Oh, umm.” Trixie began to fiddle with her mane. “Well, after sharing a chaste kiss I invited him back up to my room for a coffee. We continued talking long into the night, gazing into each other’s eyes and... you know how it is.” “Seriously?” Starlight tried to interrupt but Trixie barrelled on with the story. “So, as the night drew on we retreated to my bedroom. He said I looked looked beautiful under the moonlight and I giggled demurely, of course. I then fell into his passionate embrace, pressing his full and hearty body against mine.” “Uh, Trixie...” “We then fell into a sea of insatiable carnal passion. Our bodies burning as he did the... thing with the thing... going into the other thing with...” She shuddered. “Anyway, after a few dozen rounds of that we lay together in post coital bliss whispering sweet nothings into–” “Trixie!” She startled, finally catching the skeptical look Starlight was shooting her. “What?” “While I admire your imagination,” Starlight said, though pursed lips. “What actually happened?” “Hm, Trixie is a insulted that you don’t believe her capable of seducing a stallion.” “Sorry, who is setting who up on blind dates? Come on, spill.” Trixie sighed, glaring at her empty mug. “Fine... I panicked when he went for a goodnight kiss outside of the hotel, punched him in the mouth and ran for it.” Starlight’s head hit the table. “Damn it, Trixie! Agian?”