“Arrggh.” The cry echoed in the quiet Ponyville morning. “Hey Twilight, what's up?” Twilight looked over from where she leaned on her windowsill, her scowl fading at the voice. “Rainbow! I'm so glad you came. I've been trying to finish my studying, but I can't concentrate at all - my wings itch.” Rainbow flew in with a gust of wind that tossed Twilight’s mane and sent a few feathers drifting to the floor. Circling once she landed with a flourish, before bending down to examine the fallen plumage. Twilight shifted from hoof to hoof, cheeks heating as she fidgeted her wings. Feathers stuck out at odd angles, matching the frazzled look of her mane. “I've tried to follow all your advice on wing care, but it isn't working.” “You're doing fine - it's not that,” Rainbow said, shaking her head. “You're molting, Twilight.” “Molting!” Twilight’s eyes went wide, before she adopted a more calculating look. “It didn't happen last year, so I guess I didn't really think about it.” “It's usually annual, but last year's molt was right after you got your wings, so your feathers were all brand new.” Twilight grimaced. “So this happens every year.” Rainbow laughed. “Yes and no. First molt is the worst. It was bad enough as a filly - I can only imagine what it's like for an adult pony.” “Ugh.” Twilight slumped before her wings started twitching again, letting loose a few more bits of fluff. Rainbow stared at her thoughtfully for a few moments, before grinning. “Don't worry, Twilight. I know an old pegasus treatment that I think will help you.” Twilight perked up, her horn lighting as she turned to her bookshelf. “Really? I haven't studied much pegasus medicine. What era is it from?” Rainbow shifted from hoof to hoof. “I don't know, and I'm not sure if it's in a book, anyway. Just come with me, and I'll show you.” Twilight frowned. “Flickerberries? That seems like an odd choice in ingredients. All they do is make you change color.” She glanced at the list hovering beside her, and then back at the softly glowing plant, mostly hidden by a bramble of spines. Rainbow crossed her hooves. “You don't have to analyze it, Twilight. Like I said, I've got this down.” “They’re an unusual choice in reagent. There's no harm in taking notes.” “Whatever,” Rainbow sighed, gesturing them forward. “And I still don't see why I can't just get some from Zecora.” Rainbow shook her head. “It won't work unless you get them yourself.” Twilight frowned. “That’s an unusual stipulation. And you would have foals get something from one of those? They could get hurt!” “Depends on what’s in season - it’s not always flicker berries. Besides, you’re an unusual case. Now come on!” “Bogtail root?” The ground squelched with each step, soaking her fetlocks and making her glad she wasn’t wearing horseshoes. “Let me guess, it has to be fresh, too.” “Afraid so,” Rainbow said, hovering just ahead. Twilight trudged on, feeling the mud reaching further up her legs with each step. “The Papermoths have to be caught at night? You can't be serious!” “Tatzlwurm spit?!?” The door flew open, and Twilight stomped in, her coat stained and matted while her mane could have easily supplied a birdsnest with twigs. Her saddlebags were bulging, though, and she stopped in the foyer with an air of grim satisfaction and unrolled a scroll with a flourish. A quill levitated up and made a final check, even as her eyes narrowed at the list. She shook her head. “I may not know as much as Zecora, but I just don't see how this would work!” “Hey! Are you you doubting our traditions?” Rainbow flew up, nose to nose with her. Twilight took a step back, her ears flattening. “No! Yes? Maybe. I don't know.” Rainbow relaxed, a smile creeping onto her muzzle. “Oh? How are your wings feeling, then?” “How should they feel?” Twilight shook her head. “I haven't even made the potion yet.” Rainbow grinned. “You didn't answer my question.” “Fine, I guess,” Twilight started to say, before stopping, an odd look on her face. “They feel just fine,” she continued, blinking a couple times before shaking herself and pointing a quivering hoof at Rainbow. “You kept me so busy these last few days that they molted naturally.” Rainbow laughed. “Yup!” Twilight’s frown darkened. “Now we'll have to wait until next year to see how it works!” Rainbow laughed even harder.