"No joshing? Y'er a prince?" The mare seemed somewhat intrigued. Not the reaction I expected to get at a dump such as this. Usually, I'd be halfway home by now getting ready to spend a wild night with my catch. This one was making me work for it. "Definitely." I gave the bartender a sign to bring her another glass of whatever muck she was drinking. Personally, I didn't touch the stuff. Club drinks tasted like piss. "Cheers to ya, love!" she said. I could smell the alcohol in her breath. Gotta love party mares, always so eager and ready for a good time. The earth ones were the best by far. I remember reading that it was linked to their nature. Unicorns had magic, pegasi had flight, earth ponies had an insatiable sex drive. I was no scholar, but from what I'd seen that much was true. I watched as the mare took the glass with her lips and downed it in one go. [i]Niiice! Tonight sure is going to be fun![/i] "What about you?" I signaled to the bartender to serve her another. "No bloody princess 'nymore!" She gulped the glass down seconds after it was filled. "I meant where are you from?" I clarified. [i]If you're a princess, then I'm an alicorn. But colt do you have nice curves...[/i] Far better than those scrawny unicorn supermodels. I've no idea what everypony sees in them. Bad in bed as a griffin virgin, and with an attitude to match. At least they weren't as emotional as the pegasi. Take one to bed and she’s got it in her head that you've proposed to her. No amount of fun is worth that, even if I do get to do it two feet above the covers. "Trottny born an' raised," she replied tapping on the glass with her hoof. [i]Well, don't you like to take the initiative?[/i] The problem with those was that they were too much of a hit-or-miss. Some of the best sex I had was with a drill sergeant on leave. A "hello" was all it took for her to get the message. She also had a lot of stamina, for a uni. Pity she got transferred out of Canterlot. "Leave the bottle," I told the bartender. There was a moment's hesitation, but a few hundred bits quickly made him see things my way. I had invested too much time in this mare to let her go. "Allow me," I levitated the bottle towards her empty glass. "Be'er no', love." Her hoof pressed against my horn. "Ain't worth messin' a pre'y face like yers." I stared at her. What had just happened? Nopony had ever done this to me before, not even when drunk, and [i]definitely[/i] not after I'd mentioned I was a prince. Why did she react this way? Mares walking off, I could understand. Mares changing their mind about a free drink at a bar like this... that seemed unusual. "Y'er up for a shag, yea'?" She pushed her empty glass to the side. I nodded. "Same. I wan' 'a enjoy i', no' break ye. No' much fun there, am I righ'?" She slapped her flank against mine. One might say it was her hitting on me. Not that I complained. It was good to try new things. "Wha' they call ya, love?" "Blueblood," I smiled, the first real smile I'd had in ages. To think I'd reserve it for a half-drunk mare in a rundown bar. Still, there was something elusive about her, something intriguing. "I'm Octavia bloody Melody," she said, as if that was supposed to mean something to me. Nice name, though I wouldn't never have taken her for an Octavia. Names like that came with at least two inches of snobbery attached. "Be a love an' wai' a bi' for me. Go'a 'ake a piss." [i]And there we have it.[/i] Another night, another mare. I was already curious to see how this one would do. Better than the last one, hopefully. That one had been a huge disappointment. Just as I was preparing to go, the bartender slammed a six-pack of energy drinks on the counter in front of me. "I didn't order that." I pointed at the canned sludge with disgust. "Buddy, you'll need all the help you can get." The bartender gave me a sly smirk. "You've no idea what you've gotten yourself into..."