When her niece and nephew visited, Princess Celestia expected a certain amount of shenanigans to take place. Typically at some point something would wind up sticky and a lot of hoof pointing between the cousins would happen. Two weeks ago the pair had somehow managed to transform the western wall of her throne room into a very dense gelatin dessert. It took a little magic and a couple of baths to straighten matters up but no harm was done. Today was an entirely different matter. Long had that last piece of Germane Chocolate Cake waited for her. Covered in the remaining frosting and bits of chocolate left by previous pieces it was sure to be the most delicious piece out of the entire cake. Celestia dreamt about that piece of moist deliciousness that night. She'd even checked to see if it was safe before she went to bed. Right then she decided it was going to be her breakfast. After all it had milk, eggs, coconut, pecans and cherries on it. It qualified. Yet, when she made her way to the kitchen that morning the cake was missing. At first she stared, her eyes wide in disbelief. Then her left eye began to twitch, her breathing intensified and she felt as if her mane were about to set itself ablaze. She shrieked a word she dare not say again. It echoed throughout the kitchen before she ordered the guard to send her niece and nephew to her study in which she would present the plate. Celestia counted to ten and took several deep breaths as she waited for them to arrive. Both Blueblood and Cadence were good foals generally speaking. They were both kind and inventive in their own ways. Cadence was very good at skipping rope, making friends and painting. Celestia thought the hoof print turkey she'd made was rather nice if messy. Blueblood on the other hoof was her opposite. He was charming and usually reserved unless provoked. He also had a rather large imagination that didn't always bode well when it came time to fess up about something. The last tall tale from him involved a bugbear who had splashed honey on him and written the almost word "fank," on his mirror in crayon. In spite of her reservations she would try to reserve judgment as much as she could. The click of the door to her study roused Celestia from her thoughts as the two foals entered. After a bit of back and forth between the two their eyes focused on the plate that was caked in crumbs. Their gaze darted in unison from the plate to the princess. Cadence leaned over to Blueblood and whispered, "You are in so much trouble." Blueblood's eyes widened as he quickly turned to face his cousin, "It wasn't me," he bellowed. "Well it wasn't me," Cadence turned to her aunt, "You can ask any of the guards, I haven't been out of my room all night." "That's a lie! You were tapping around outside my window," said Blueblood before adding an, "Unless...." "Besides he's got brown stuff on his front hooves," said Cadence, "See? Probably from the cake." "Now now," began Celestia, "Let's be fair. Unless what Blueblood?" "It wasn't me and it wasn't Cadence but," Blueblood paused dramatically, "It could bet could be that weird looking bug foal I saw yesterday that thought it was slick by hiding in the bushes." "Bug... foal?" "Yeah a she. You could tell because her mane was long and all stringy." "Oh brother," muttered Cadence. "Oh auntie you should have seen her. Very tacky. She had holes in her legs and a crooked horn and wings like a fly! I bet she... transformed into something like a cook... got in... and stole the cake!" Celestia felt her eye twitch again before she sighed, "Then why do you have icing on your hooves?" "It's not icing it's...," Blueblood shuddered, "mud... I was gonna put a pollywog in Cadence's cereal this morning!" "You don't like mud Blueblood," said Celestia flatly. "You don't believe me," he whimpered. "It's a difficult story to believe." Blueblood shoved his hooves in his aunt's face, "Then lick them and taste the truth! Taste that it's mud!" Blueblood was sent out of the study with a week-long ban on dessert for lying and the hoof thing. As he walked down the hall he saw Cadence trotting his way. As he passed her he muttered," Bug girl," leaving Cadence confused.