Twilight found in her private library—“Trixie! What are you doing here!? This library is closed!” Carelessly, Trixie flicked through more pages. “Yes, yes,” she said. “One moment.” “This is trespassing! If you want a book, you should come during normal—” “While you’re here,” said Trixie, summoning another, “give me a hoof. These magical grimoires are just too dull for my superior tastes.” Twilight growled and slammed the door. Matters of state pressed heavily on her conscience. This was the last thing she needed. “Will you please leave!?” Idly, Trixie glanced up and wrinkled her lips. “And fend for myself in a world full of horrific hecklers and clueless critics!? Did you know they laughed at my last vanishing act? It was hardly Trixie’s fault the rain made the trapdoor seize up. But don’t mind me, please. One is quite used to such [i]humiliation[/i].” “Y-Yes. I-I heard. I’m really sorry. But you understand I [i]have[/i] to ask you to leave—?” “AHA!” Trixie grabbed the book and muttered under her breath. Sparkles appeared. “This’ll fix everything! They want a vanishing act? Trixie shall [i]give[/i] them a vanishing act!” Twilight shouted, “DON’T—” [hr] [center]Scene I.—Twilight’s Castle, Private Library[/center] [right][i]TRIXIE and TWILIGHT appear, stunned[/i][/right] TRIXIE: Where are we? TWILIGHT (angrily): I tried to warn you not to use that spell! We’re in another universe! [right][i]TRIXIE looks around disdainfully[/i][/right] TRIXIE: It's exactly the same as the old one. Hardly worth the effort. [right][i]TWILIGHT groans[/i][/right] TWILIGHT: Not quite. A unicorn should never interfere with the multiverse except in dire emergencies! They taught us that in magic school— TRIXIE: But we've [i]vanished[/i] from the previous universe, yes? [right][i]TWILIGHT rubs face with hoof[/i][/right] TWILIGHT: Give me that book. [i]I’ll[/i] return us home. TRIXIE: Oh, and let you spoil my glorious achievement? I think not! [right][i]TRIXIE mutters spell. Divers alarums. Exeunt.[/i][/right] [hr] [center]Rising like the sun,[/center] [center]Trixie and Twilight arrive[/center] [center]Unto a new world.[/center] [center]Twilight tries to grab[/center] [center]With mountain strength the cursed book,[/center] [center]But Trixie clings on.[/center] [center]Trixie mouths the spell,[/center] [center]And thus they depart this plane[/center] [center]Like fallen blossoms.[/center] [hr] In the year 3 post-Nightmare Moon, at 23:45, Princess Twilight’s campaign to retrieve the only extant copy of the [i]V-Cabinet[/i], a then-experimental spellbook, became increasingly desperate. The Princess had attempted to convey via several communications that, in the hooves of novice magic-crafters, the power was dangerously unpredictable and therefore not ready for field-testing. Trixie was a determined character, having encountered failure repeatedly on her travels across the Equestrian mainland; she wasn’t prepared to surrender. At 23:46, right before the famous Eruption of the Princess, and motivated by a speech given to those assembled by the magician herself, the Great and Powerful launched a major offensive and read the following instructions in the book, hoping to achieve victory.[1] [1]While history doesn’t relate what the two combatants’ eventual fate was, many take the disappearance of both as evidence that the Great and Powerful was successful in her campaign. See Appendix IX for details. [hr] There was a young pony called Trixie Who wanted an urgent quick fix-ie. Said Twilight, “Don’t cheat! “You’ll only defeat “Your standing! Please take me home quick-xie!” [hr] [i]Piano solo, lento en pesante[/i] “Twilight, you do not understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. While you were gallivanting with your frieeeeendship baaaaaand, I roamed the streets alone My craft was mine to hone Without a friend to call my veeeeeery ooooowwwwwn.” “Trixie, please hear my caveaaaaaaaaat. I’m not indifferent; I [i]am[/i] a diiiiiplomaaaat. So please let us be wise: If we can compromise, I’m sure combined, we'd make a graaaand repriiiiiise.” [center][CHORUS][/center] [center]“Oh let me disappear!”[/center] [center]“Please don’t give in to fear!”[/center] [center]“They threw tomatoes at my [i]face![/i]”[/center] [center]“So get back up! Don’t be dis[i]graced![/i]”[/center] [center]“I’ve met the mockery a thousandfoooooooooooooooold!”[/center] [center]“So meet once more, ‘Great Powerful’ of ooooooooooooooold!”[/center] (both quietly) “A simple spell is all its needs to heal… Not magic faked, but magic… Oh… Magic… Thaaaaaaaat iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal…” [hr] They popped back into the room. Sighing, Trixie shelved the book. “You did the right thing,” said Twilight. Downcast, Trixie shuffled towards the door. Unexpectedly, Twilight blocked the way. “Oh, what now? A friendship speech?” “I just wanted to say something,” said Twilight, smiling. “If you ever want a [i]friend's[/i] help with your magic act…?” Narrow-eyed, Trixie nudged her aside. “How generous,” she boomed, returning the smile. “But it'll take more than that to stop the Grrrreat and Powerful TRRRRIXIE!” Swishing her cape magnificently, she added, “Rain check?” A puff of smoke. Twilight beamed; the expertly made clouds vanished perfectly.